Features & Specifications
- Colour: Black
- Measurements: Rim diameter: 25cm (10″) W 26.5cm x H 10cm x D with handles: 46cm
- Made in England
- Material: Cast Iron
- Weight: 4.980 kg
- Vintage Mid Century Lauffer frying pan with lid.
- Highly collectible vintage Lauffer cast iron and vitreous enamel pan. Beautifully designed by Robert Welch, manufactured by Qualcast in Wolverhampton, England and advertised in ‘Design’ in October 1972.
- Robert Welch describes the Lauffer range as follows: ‘This range of cast-iron cookware was commissioned in 1970 by H.E. Lauffer Inc, New Jersey, USA. Before design work started, the requirements of the American market were studied and a careful brief was prepared with a special empahsis on function. For instance, the lids of all the casseroles had to serve as both cooking and serving pieces. (C. Forbes, ed., ‘Robert Welch. Design in a Cotswold Workshop’, London 1973, pp. 58-9)
- Examples from this range can also be found in the British museum.
- This timeless classic would look stunning in any kitchen and will last a lifetime with the proper care.
- A must for a professional or serious chef!
- It would make the perfect gift for any serious cook.
- In excellent condition for age
- Over 2000 items to browse in our eBay shop; please take a look
- Collection welcome on larger items