Features & Specifications
- Rare Antique Rowley’s of Silver Street, Kensington Mirror
- Oval shaped mirror with a heavy gilt frame in a bronzed reddish gold finish with beading and an ornately carved edge.
- The back has the original Rowley’s label with the address as Silver Street. History shows that Rowley’s were only at Silver street from 1898-1904.
- Despite extensive internet searches there appears to be no images of this particular label and timeframe as most are showing the label with the piper and the address as Church Street, Kensington
- To add more interest there is also a further label that is handwritten, although faint it appears to have names and dates of birth from 1765
- Measurements: Frame: W 39cm x H 45cm x D 4cm / Glass mirror: W 32cm x H 37cm
- Portrait hung
- Original fixing to rear for hanging purposes
- A unique opportunity to purchase a mirror that holds much history and prestige from within the framing / art world and beyond
- The condition considering the age is very good. The glass has no age related spots and is very clean. The frame is solid and in very good condition. There is one small nick as can be seen in the photos although it would a simple repair!
- Postage reflects the cost of shipping and insurance